Monday, February 22, 2010

God Always Manages to Take the Last Piece Of Cake, AND Eat It Too. :)

Isn't it frustrating but comforting when you realize that God really does know what He's talking about? It's kinda the same feeling as when you're at the supermarket and the cashier tells you you've short changed them. Your pride gets in the way, and your immediate reaction is to act like it isn't true. You try to think of all the ways the cashier is wrong and how there's no way possible that you're gonna let someone else tell you you're wrong. But, at the very beginning of the whole fiasco, you knew you the cashier was right, but wasting time arguing would've been "better" than admitting your fault. Isn't this the same thing we do with God? When we do something wrong, whatever it may be, God always, or should always, become our immediate thought. He's there saying, "No, that's not right. What you just did was wrong. While you're already thinking about Me and My unfathomable-ness (since we all know that that's what you consume your mind with), why don't you just go ahead and confess to Me what you just did." And then we, humans with a cute little prideful way about us, respond something like this, "No, God, that wasn't wrong at all. It was one beer. It was one answer that I looked at on that person's test. It was one elderly woman who needed help but I was late for work so I didn't help her. Just one God, just one." It's one thing for us to act dumb at the supermarket, but is it really that intelligent to try to win with the person who told the oceans they can only go so far, heck, the person who created the human thought process? Oh pick me, pick me, I know this answer! Yeah um, the answer is no. That's not an intelligent thing to do at all. I struggle with all of this myself, the whole admitting I'm wrong thing. Discipline is kind of a foreign concept to me, so my natural instinct is to assume that as long as I didn't commit murder, then it's not something that's gonna put my salvation in jeopardy. My current situation is that I need to forgive, but I'm too busy TELLING God that this boy is such a dumb head, yes, let that sink in, a dumb head, when I should bebusy ASKING God what I can do to make myself look like less of a dumb head and accept that this situation is happening within His will for my life. He's basically sitting somewhere random everywhere I go waving His arms saying, "Taylor, hello, do you want to come talk about it instead of giving her dirty looks? Would you like to take My hand and allow yourself to fall in love with ME instead of regretting that you gave your heart to this young man?" God is everywhere, just sitting, waiting. Whenever we're doing something wrong, we feel this inevitable emotion called guilt, or at least we should. According to Webster's Dictionary, guilt means this: the state of one who has committed an offense especially consciously. Hm, guilt happens when we directly notice that we did something wrong, especially consciously. Stop trying to hide from God, He realizes what you did, what you want to do, what you have done, and He still loves you anyway, isn't that incredible? God always knows what He's talking about and we always run away because there's no way someone's gonna tell us that we're wrong. Take the time to admit to God when you know you did something wrong, opposed to arguing and spending days drowning in sinful pride and keeping it bottled in. Don't short change God, for He is the decider of your salvation.

Proverbs 11:2 - "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom."

No comments:

Post a Comment